Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16

I've developed this annoying habit of posting my best little anecdotes to Facebook, so this will be repetitive to some of you. But it's okay, because it was easily my most God winkish moment of the day so it's worth repeating.

After Brady got home late this morning from a night away, I gave him a hug and said I missed you while you were at grandma's house. He paused and looked up at me with a reassuring expression on his face and replied But I always come back. I always come back and you can see me again.

Those words both melted and broke my heart at once. Although I know he was just parroting what I've told him many times over, there was a pure sincerity in his eyes that reduced me to a mommy-puddle instantly.

And it broke my heart, too, because it reminded me, in a very real way, of how much I wish I could see Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment