Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15

Adam is typically the one who puts Isaac to bed these days, but since he had a late meeting, I got the honor tonight. After we read a book, I turned off the lights, said a prayer, and started to sing the first song per the old routine. But he stopped me, because apparently he sings his own selection of good night tunes these days.

And I'm so glad he did, because seeing him there illuminated by the soft blue glow of his snowflake night lights as he sang sweet, gentle versions of "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" was absolutely priceless.

But the most priceless moment of all came as he launched into a Jesus-themed song I didn't recognize. So I sat and listened, and after a few lines I realized it was his song; one he created all by himself. And it was beautiful.

There are a lot of great things in this life, but there really isn't anything better than the true, honest, heartfelt words of little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment