Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19

It's half funny, half pathetic: even though Easter is way later than usual this year, we still managed to do a small handful of our annual traditions just today, at the very last minute. This morning, while I donated blood, Adam took Abby and the Little Boys (and Lambie, of course) to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. They were third from the front when I got there. (It was a very long line.) So I too got to see them smile at the giant rabbit and then say cheese for the camera. (Brady has become something of a pro.) Then this afternoon, we dyed eggs.

We didn't have many to start with and then several cracked during the boiling process. But they had a good time and there was minimal bickering (although they all wished --loudly-- that there were more eggs available).

It's a blessing to see them laugh and have fun together, especially when I consider how quickly time passes these days. Seeing them have fun is a good reminder to really immerse myself in their childhood, because I know they'll all be off living their own independent lives before I complete a blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment