Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23

Adam decided he wanted to make chocolate chip cookies tonight. I have no idea why because I haven't yet asked him, but I'm guessing he was missing Logan. He and Logan used to make cookies together; it was kind of a special thing for them.

Anyway, while he took the Little Boys up to bed, he asked me to finish up with the dough, so I did. And I was a little surprised --and very gratified-- when I saw this on the tray as I pulled the very last batch out of the oven:

I didn't deliberately shape this cookie like a heart, but it looks like one, doesn't it? Given the deep meaning of cookie-making in our house, it seemed a fitting outcome for the activity.

And I'm thankful for it indeed: it's almost as if God and Logan were sending a joint little hi and I love you for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment