Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10

Between dealing with school issues, keeping up with my increasingly busy freelance writing schedule, trying to keep up with housekeeping, and mulling the content of my speech next month, I've been a bit more stressed than usual of late. So this sight made me smile for more than one reason.

To give some context, I'll say that I took it this afternoon outside of the dance studio. Isaac was inside taking his class when Brady got restless and decided he wanted to go outside and look at "all the flowers." (Which is amusing, since the place isn't exactly a floral playground.) After looking at dandelions, what I think was probably an azalea and a sea of tiny orange weeds, he knelt down and gave these tiny daisy-like cuties a close-up inspection. He was, for one reason or another, very taken with them.

I smiled in part because it's the second time this week that one of my kids took time to literally stop and smell the flowers. And I smiled more because I'm pretty sure I should follow their example and do the same.

It's humbling --in a good way-- when your kids become your teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment