Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4

Abby's been to plenty of birthday parties, but today, she went to her first-ever sleepover.

When I dropped her off this afternoon, I insisted on taking a photo of her with the birthday girl, Hannah. They weren't thrilled with the idea, so they made mustache faces to take the edge off the sting of the mom-embarrassment:

My girl is growing up. It amazes me that she's legitimately old enough to go to a sleepover now. It's amazing to think that she'll turn 10 later this year.

I could be sad about it; a lot of parents are when their kids get older and they watch them take part in rites of passage like sleepovers. But I won't, because she's growing up, and that's a huge blessing to me that I can't ever take for granted. I love watching her mature and I love having real conversations with her as we walk each evening.

The privilege of watching her grow and develop... that's all God.

No comments:

Post a Comment