Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1

Abby is having her first sleepover at our house tonight.

She wanted to have one for her last birthday, but not all of the moms I consulted felt their girls were ready at the time so we did something else instead. Then last week, off the cuff, I decided that Spring Break was the right time, and so we invited B --her friend since the kindergarten days-- to come on over.

So far, so good. We had homemade pizza bagels, and the girls played Wii with the Little Boys until they went to bed. Then we had ice cream sundaes, and Adam set the girls up to watch "Super Buddies" on Netflix before we retired to our room.

It feels like such a rite of passage to have a friend spend the night. Sitting here in my room, I can hear them giggling in the room below, and I can smell the popcorn in the air.

My girl is growing up, and I'm so proud of the little lady she's become.

No comments:

Post a Comment