Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24

It was quite windy out today. As I walked to pick up Abby from school, I saw a butterfly (or maybe a moth; I've never been good at telling them apart) swirling and flitting in the breeze. Eventually, it came to a landing on a bush. My heart sighed a little while I took a closer look and saw that part of her wing was missing.

The poor little thing, I thought. It must be hard to get anywhere --much less stay on track-- with a broken wing and such unfriendly wind pushing her in directions she probably doesn't want to explore.

As I walked off, it came to me that I've been like that little bug. Broken --not merely broken, actually, but forever changed by my circumstances-- but still intent on flying and going about my days, doing what needs to be done. That desire --and the strength-- to keep going despite our brokenness... it definitely comes from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment