Saturday, April 4, 2015

April 4

Earlier this week, we saw the Easter Bunny. Today, at pretty much the last possible minute, we finally got around to dyeing Easter eggs.

To be totally truthful, my heart wasn't really in it at first. I hit a few snags along the way --it took quite a while to figure out where I'd stashed the egg cups, then I couldn't find the dye kits that I was sure I'd bought on clearance last year, then we ran out of food coloring so I had to go through my decorating cabinet to find more... then I found the egg dye kits after all-- and I was just tired.

But once the kiddos got into it and started dipping their eggs, I remembered why we do it every single year. It's a tradition. It's fun, of course, and it lets them be creative with color, of course, but it also gives me the chance to sit back and remember them when they were younger. And those memories... they're absolutely golden to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment