Friday, April 17, 2015

April 17

Brady's class went on the school's annual nature hike today along a local creek bed. I've been on this particular trip a number of times, and it's fun to watch the kids --who by April, are pretty good buddies-- collecting rocks and wading in the water and sharing a collectively-created trail mix at snack time. After Brady took his spin on the big swing by the creek and we began the journey back to the classroom, my muffin offhandedly pointed this out:

Although it's likely just a set of knife marks on a tree, Brady saw it as a cross. And he's right: it certainly looks like one.

I love that that's where his mind goes when he sees marks on random trees; I love that God and faith and crosses are always on his mind, and that I can see his thoughts of them bubble to the surface now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment