Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6

Today was one of those days. You know the ones I mean: when the kids are up and screaming at each other by 7 and just can't seem to get along. By the time Adam got home, I was fuming. After a trip to Costco (during which there was even more errant behavior), I went for a walk by myself to clear my head. (And honestly, to tire myself out. It's hard to be ragingly angry when I'm exhausted.)

At one point, as my feet carried me along a quiet path, I looked over at where the sunset would be, had the sky not been clouded over to signal the coming of tonight's rain (which can I just say I am so excited about!). There were no brilliant colors, but the clouds and the bright point of light there in the center of the sky looked heavenly to my eyes. In fact, the first thing I saw when I looked over were angel wings. I have no idea why; the thought just came to me.

And you know something? It helped. The walk, the sky, the solitude. And I'm thankful to end my day feeling a sense of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment