Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2

Brady gave me a sweet gift at bedtime.

As he often does of late, he chose Logan's old Cars look and find book as his bedtime story. I love listening to him "read" each item name because I can hear so much of Logan's timbre and expression. I think sometimes that I could listen to him say "Mouthwatering Motor Oil" and "Gripwell Tires" all night long.

Then after we were finished, I asked him for a hug before he climbed into bed. As he wrapped his arms around my neck, he did something completely unexpected: he purred "Lllll-logan" into my ear several times.

I hugged him tighter and told him that I love Logan and I love him.

To quote a Gary Allan song that I know I've quoted before, life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment