Friday, April 3, 2015

April 3

Adam worked from home today. He's been extra busy with work this week, so it was a nice change of pace, even if his schedule didn't allow us to go on a Spring Break getaway.

We had lunch at Mountain Mike's this afternoon. It's not my favorite spot ever, but the kiddos always clamor over going to the all-you-can-eat buffet, so I usually relent. Afterward, a beautiful arch of delicate flowers located just outside the restaurant's front door caught Abby's eye, and she asked me to take her picture. So I did.

Abby isn't one to ask that her photo be taken particularly often, so I was secretly, silently thrilled by the request. And I was thrilled that she has an eye that lets her appreciate beauty where it lies, even if it happens to lie smack in the middle of a suburban strip mall. It's a blessing, after all, to be able to find beauty in any locale.

No comments:

Post a Comment