Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13

Today was one of those days. Nothing incredibly earth-shattering happened, but a few people did a few things that hurt me more than I'd like to admit. And I had a hard time coping with the emotional fallout, so I had a hard time seeing God at work. But then this evening, I saw these.

Noting that some of her friends had big 64-packs, Abby begged for these crayons for weeks. She finally asked if the Easter Bunny could bring her a package, and the Easter Bunny relented.

As I glanced at the box on the coffee table this evening, I realized that I like them quite a lot, too. I like the colors and the brightness and the vibrancy, and I like that they can be used to create something beautiful.

And after a day like the one I had, it's a blessing to realize once again that we can create beauty in this often screwed up world.

No comments:

Post a Comment