Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 7

Some days, I'm deeply thankful for moments of extreme silliness.

We finally got a few rain showers today (and before someone says "I'll send you my snow!" I'll say "please do!" Droughts stink!). When I went out to check the mail late this morning, I came across this guy as I walked back up the path to my front door. Like any normal, sane person, I stopped to watch him.

I kid you not: this dude was the fastest snail I'd ever seen. He was like Turbo without the pimped out shell.

But jokes aside, I marveled over how hard he was clearly working to make his way across the sidewalk. Head pushed out as far as it could do, dragging that big heavy shell, I actually admired his dedication to living and moving and breathing and being. I think God intends that we all live with that kind of determined tenacity, and for the reminder --silly though it may have been!-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment