Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 26

Logan's birthday is this coming Friday. I don't think I'm ever really ready for it, per se, but this is the first year it's caught me by surprise. I mean, wasn't it just mid-June? Didn't school just get out? Anyway, today we went to Adam's parents' house to celebrate my sister-in-law E's birthday. Before Logan got sick, they were birthday buddies. And it's so painful --moreso than I can express with words-- that there's only one July celebrant now. But he didn't go completely forgotten this afternoon: my mother-in-law had Abby, Isaac, and Brady make little memory pages using the letters in his name.

It was a very simple thing, but so important. It's absolutely, vitally important to me that Logan be remembered, even though he's not here to blow out candles or open presents or eat cake. He's a huge part of my life and he will forever own a piece of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment