Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7

I had a crappy evening. Without rehashing it all, it was partly my fault, partly not. I took a little shopping trip to try to defuse my frustrations, and it wound up being a Car night.

I guess it's pretty silly since I'll never again get to see Logan smile as he excitedly rips the packaging off brand new "Cars with faces," but as I've said before, I still collect them. I smile whenever I see a new one that's not in my collection; if I close my eyes and let my mind wander back in time, I can still see his eyes light up with grateful enthusiasm every time I gave him a new one while he was in the hospital.

I'm thankful to have those memories. And I'm thankful that something new can help to bring them to mind, and that this one time, the resellers who typically deplete the supply hadn't yet gotten a chance to do their thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment