Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30

Usually, I take walks because I feel like I haven't gotten in enough steps. Tonight, I took one because I needed to clear my head. I know tomorrow will be emotionally draining and I needed to take a few steps back from the chaotic reality that swirls around me each and every day.

I'm so glad I did, because the sunset was magnificent. From the moment it caught my eye a few steps from my driveway, I was captivated. I actually altered my planned route because I wanted to be able to look up at it whenever the urge struck. I wanted to bask in its glory. I wanted to feel small. I wanted to feel God's overwhelming presence. I wanted to be conscious that (as the preschool saying goes) the great big God loves an itty bitty me. And as I gazed up at those rays that looked so much like arms reaching out to embrace the world, I did all of those things.

And it was magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment