Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 5

I had one thing in mind when I took this photo, but in hindsight, there are two ways that this sight is a special one to me.

I initially snapped the image because it's where the first home we bought is located. We brought both Abby and Logan home to this house, and enjoyed many a day nestled within its walls, celebrating birthdays and holidays and, with far more frequency, regular old every-days that didn't hold any special meaning but continue to live on in my memory anyway. We didn't live there long; Abby was two-and-a-half and Logan a little less than eight months when we outgrew its small cozy confines and moved on to our current home. But this place will always mean a lot to me. No, more than a lot; far more than feeble words could ever adequately convey.

The unexpected aspect? Abby and Isaac walking along together, talking and getting along like friends.

Old, treasured memories melded with newer ones in the foreground. Gold and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment