Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10

I had a few errands to run after church and Abby had a Target gift card from Christmas burning a hole in her pocket, so we headed off together for a few hours this afternoon.

When we got home with our My Little Ponies (Abby), shoelaces (me) and Brady's birthday pictures (that I kept forgetting to pick up), I found Adam and Brady standing side-by-side in front of the oven, rolling cookie dough into little balls. I stopped for a moment and watched them work; Brady looked both tall and tiny as he stood there on the step stool, chattering away about something or other --I couldn't tell what from a distance-- as he accomplished his helper-duty.

It was a happy sight. A blessed sight. Adam liked to bake with Logan, so seeing him continuing his custom with Brady as his sous-baker was bittersweet in a way, but still decidedly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment