Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19

It's Tuesday, so it was a no-school day for Brady. We did our usual morning drop-offs (in the pouring down rain), I got my cuppa joe, and then we headed home. I did a little time on the treadmill while Brady played a video game in the next room. When I finished up, I decided to do some editing work, and started to sit in my chair before thinking better of it and joining the Muffin.

This time of the year sucks for me. I know that's not very eloquent, but it's the only way I can describe it that doesn't involve profanity. But when Brady chirped that he wanted to sit next to me and plunked down a few inches away, my heart filled right up with joy. I wish I could say it lasted all day, but it didn't. But I'm blessed that I had the chance to enjoy a short, blissful time with him as he chattered on about his game and I tackled my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment