Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4

I know from experience that as the kids grow up, opportunities to see them in action at school dwindle. So although I was initially a bit bummed to realize I'd signed up to be the preschool class co-op today --the first day back from break when all I'd wanted was to sip coffee and zone out for a few hours-- I wound up being thankful for that unexpected time with my little Muffin.

It's a gift to me to see Brady's personality emerge and blossom. I like to sit back and observe him as he interacts with his peers and tries to solve problems as they arise. I felt a surge of pride every time he followed directions and each time he took the high road when provoked by another child. He's a good boy, and it makes me feel like I'm doing okay with the whole parenting-thing when I see him following directions and participating and playing. Those feelings of competence are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment