Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 20

I've said this many times over the last several years, but God isn't merely interested in the big picture; He's also Lord of the details.

Since the kids had swimming this evening, I did what I often do and swung through the In N Out drive thru on the way back home. After we'd finished eating, I told Isaac that there were still some fries on the stove, so he wandered off to find them as Abby chirped that she too wanted some (but remained perched on the couch).

Rather than keeping them all for himself --as he certainly could have done-- Isaac carefully divided the remaining portion into two containers. He brought both into the family room, and cheerfully placed one of them in front of Abby.

A small gesture of kindness from a brother to a sister. It wasn't an earth-shaking move, but those little moments make life exponentially sweeter for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment