Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9

At lunch today, we were confused when the food runner brought us an extra plate of chocolate chip pancakes. At first, we sent him away, but then Adam checked the receipt and discovered that he had, somehow, inadvertently bought two orders. So we had him box it up to go. A little later, Isaac very excitedly pointed at something behind me. When I turned my head, I saw this:

Of course, this picture wasn't colored by my Logan, but I was overwhelmed by the symbolism: the extra meal that arrived with "Logan" right there with us at the table; and not just at the table, but right over my shoulder. It was almost like he was, in one way or another, actually there.

Given the time of year --my birthday in a few days, and then the big anniversary just a month later-- those little reminders are very much needed blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment