Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11

I turned 38 years old today. (Although my sincere thanks goes out to every single person who --whether seriously or in an attempt to boost my ego-- said something along the lines of 'so which number is this birthday? 33? 34?') It was, all in all, a nice one, complete with coffee brought to me by my Hunny, the usual drop-offs, lunch at Red Tractor with Adam and Brady, dinner at On the Border with the fam, and homemade cake and presents at home to close it all out.

I love these people. There's really nothing better than I can say. It's a blessing to spend time with them all; to laugh with them over the ridiculous moments (like when, after opening a package containing a sweater that Abby picked out for me, she signed moodily and said --totally deadpan-- 'it reminded me of pie'), to share sweet treats, and --at the root of it all-- to share this life.

Of course, underneath it all, I quietly longed all day long for a hint that Logan was along for the ride. There were small things, like the maroon Corvette outside the restaurant at lunch and the Mack truck I saw on the way home this evening that featured a colorful flame job. Although my heart wishes for more, I'm thankful for those little moments, just like I'm thankful for the rest of the day. It wasn't a perfect day because no day has the chance to be perfect without him here, but it was about as close as it could've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment