Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12

By the time yesterday drew to a close, I felt very loved. From over 100 Facebook greetings to phone calls to texts to cookies to candies, I was overwhelmed and touched by the number of folks who took the time to remember my birthday. Then today, these arrived.

They came from my beautiful childhood friend Gretchen. We go all the way back to the first grade, when we both survived the indisputably terrifying experience of being Mrs. Harper's students. (Really. I was so scared of her. And I know Gretchen was, too!)

Anyhow, given how amazing yesterday was, I figured today would wind up being a total letdown, but it wasn't because these pretty little things --complete with an absolutely perfect sunshine-y mug!-- showed up. She even apologized that they were 'late,' but I don't think they were late at all; they came at just the perfect time.

I'm so thankful for all of my friends and for the things they do to show that they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment