Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7

Abby has always been into art, so it didn't surprise me when, after recently developing an affinity for My Little Pony, she decorated her walls with homemade Cutie Marks. What I found her doing this evening, however, did raise my eyebrows.

When I went to tell her that dinner was ready, I found her sprawled out on her bedroom floor, making these little paper shields. They looked familiar, but I wasn't able to place where I'd seen them, so I asked what she was doing. She explained that they were the Paw Patrol insignias, and that she was making them for Brady so he could decorate his walls like she'd decorated her own.

My heart smiled. I'm not sure what's gotten into her lately --from telling Isaac "I love you" last night at bedtime to creating handmade art for Brady-- but I like it a lot. And I'm thankful for her sweet spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment