Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 10

For the most part, today just sucked. I can't explain what it's like to go through these feelings every single year, and complicating factors not even related to Logan's passing made it even worse; I'm just, in general, disillusioned by and frustrated with people. So this was really the lone bright spot in an otherwise lousy day.

After I dropped Isaac, Abby, and Brady at their respective schools, I scrambled back to the elementary school as quickly as I could for Isaac's Wax Museum. Each child stood on a picnic table in the courtyard, and wore 'press here' buttons. When you pushed a kid's button, he or she would 'come to life' and tell the story of a particular historical figure. Isaac chose Jackie Robinson, hence the baseball and cap.

It was nice to see the fruits of his academic labor, and I'm thankful that I got there in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment