Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 20

It feels like a strange thing to say in mid-to-late February, but it's felt like spring lately. And the trees sense the changes in the weather, too.

Like nature, my life follows a kind of pattern: the time from the beginning of the year through Logan's anniversary is hard. It's like I'm wearing a heavy coat that I can't take off; no matter how much I struggle against its weight, I'm powerless to do much of anything. But then the date comes and goes, and it's like that coat gets lighter and lighter until eventually, it's the weight of a windbreaker. And I can feel the warmth of the sun once again.

I guess that's something of a tangent; what I meant to convey is that I'm thankful for spring and for the renewal that comes each and every year as the seasons change. And the cherry blossoms are, of course, a visual symbol of renewed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment