Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19

Abby and I have taken to having a girls' night out on Fridays between her tap class and our mother/daughter dance class. Tonight, we decided to hit up Target (because it's a happenin' place) and it wound up being pay dirt for both of us.

Abby's been into My Little Pony lately, and has been looking for these little figures for at least a month; from asking employees, I knew that they were available, but the manufacturer seemed to be shorting the retail supply for one reason or another. Anyhow, Abby was delighted to find a box full tonight, and she was even more delighted to find the single pony she'd been hunting for quite some time: Princess Twilight Sparkle. (Yep. That's the name.)

Then I glanced at the Hot Wheels section. I tend to search a little more urgently for Corvettes this time of year, and until tonight I hadn't had much luck. So I was surprised --and really happy-- to find not just one but two that weren't previously part of our collection.

Small things, yes, but they made me smile. And with how difficult last week was for me emotionally, I could use a whole lotta smiles in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment