Saturday, February 13, 2016

February 13

I'd been looking for a new Pixar car for a long while. It seemed like as soon as stores put them on the shelves, collectors would immediately snatch them up. I was quietly disappointed when one didn't show up for me on Logan's day of remembrance. But today, I finally struck pay dirt.

I'd never even heard of this one when I found it hanging on a peg at Walmart this afternoon. I know it's just a thing and things are transient, but it meant a lot to me to find one, especially right now. As I plucked it from its resting place, I had a thought...You came through... just a few days later than I wanted.

I think I often have that mindset when it comes to my life. Like most --well, maybe even all?-- people, I want things my way, in my time. I don't like waiting. But I have to admit that those things I wait a little longer for seem so much sweeter when they finally come to me.

So for this little car --my little sign from Beyond-- and all of the things in my life that've required a bit of extra patience, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment