Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18

The Logan W. Memorial Coffee was born a year after Logan died when one of my friends asked what I'd like to do to commemorate the anniversary. I said meeting for coffee would work, and each year since, we've gathered shortly after the date to chat about our lives and remember my Sunshine.

As I sat with them this morning and sipped my drink, I felt a sense of joy as I realized just how blessed I am to have each of them in my life. These ladies understand how much I want --need-- to keep his memory alive. They've stuck with me despite my sometimes erratic ups and downs, and they've each --even the ones I don't see as often-- given me the gift of friendship when I needed it most.

So for each of them, and for all of my other so-called angels on earth, I'm so thankful, and my prayer is that some day, I might be as big a blessing to each of them as they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment