Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 14

It wasn't lost on me that four years ago today, we spent our Valentine's Day driving around, looking at burial plots for our five-and-a-half year old son. So in a way, it follows that part of me hates this holiday. Still, another smaller and much quieter part of me still knows --and still whispers to the bigger, more dominant part of me that takes over this time of year-- that it's still worth celebrating.

It's just a silly Hallmark holiday, yes. I know. But at the same time, it's a day devoted to the expression of love and affection. And there's value in this day because it's true that no matter what happens in this life --underneath, through, over, and under it all-- love still remains. Even when we can't feel it or see it or touch it, love remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment