Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15

Since Brady is our caboose and no new baby came along to oust him from the crib, he used it much longer than any of the other kids. (An embarrassingly long time, actually.) After we finally took it down a few months ago, he slept on a mattress on the floor. And then today, Adam built his brand new big boy bed.

When I checked on him a little while ago, I was struck by how small he looks in that bed, but at the same time, I felt a pang of sadness over seeing him looking so grown up. My baby is definitely not a baby. But in the same breath, I'll say that I'm thankful that I'm getting to watch him --and Abby and Isaac-- mature and change, because watching your kids grow up is one of the biggest gifts we receive in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment