Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 28

When it comes to my outward appearance, it's safe to say that I don't try particularly hard, so it follows that I'm also not particularly vain. So whenever I see a photo of myself that I actually like, I feel a little jolt of joy. This image from today is one such pic.

Brady and I attended our second birthday party of the weekend this afternoon. Unlike yesterday, he decided that he wanted to play laser tag, and I think he had a good time: every time he took aim at someone, he gleefully exclaimed I got you! I got you! and then let out an equally gleeful guffaw.

I was tired as I drove him toward the party and desperately wanted some time to just be by myself, but I took a deep breath and pressed the reset button, and I think we both had fun. I got to watch and listen to him playing with his buddies again. We both got to try out laser tag. (I'm atrocious at it, in case you wondered.) And I wound up with a pretty nice photo of both of us. A blessing, despite my initially less-than-stellar attitude? Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment