Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5

Brady didn't have the best morning ever. After we left Isaac at school, he accidentally dropped a ball he'd been playing with into the sewer grate, and we watched helplessly as it vanished from sight and listened as it bounce-bounce-bounced into oblivion. He tried to be tough, but cried in quiet disappointment as we rode to preschool and again as I dropped him off in his classroom. It hurt my heart to see him sad, but I told his teacher what had happened and headed out, hopeful that he'd rebound. And fortunately, he did just that.

He grinned when I arrived at pick-up. Then he announced that he wanted to go to the on-site playground. He made a point of saying good-bye to his friends as they left, and played hide and seek with G, a little girl in his class. So yeah, he rebounded.

I could learn a thing or two from him. It's so easy to allow less than ideal circumstances to cloud my day, and the ability to just let go --and, to be cliche, let God-- is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment