Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8

I can't lie: life is just hard right now. These days leading up to the anniversary are emotionally taxing. I've kept myself distracted for the last month by taking part in this completely insane virtual walking tour of Europe that required me to walk more than 11 miles each day, but now that it's over, I have more time to sit and think. And the ache is setting in, as is its custom.

But it's not all bad. The kids didn't have school today, so this morning I took them out for brunch.

I pointed the phone at them and they instinctively grabbed one another. They were in the middle of a "cheers" when I snapped this image.

I love that they're so close. When life is hard, I cling to moments like these when their love for one another is so strong and outwardly apparent. These moments remind me that despite my sadness, God is still on His throne and is still the God of what drives their affinity for one another: love.

No comments:

Post a Comment