Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 10

I went up to bed a few minutes ago, but suddenly remembered I hadn't yet blogged today. I remember thinking more than once that I should do it as the night wore on, but somehow, the thoughts repeatedly escaped me and never translated themselves into anything tangible. Anyhow, I came downstairs and checked my phone for images, and all I found was a trio of silly-kid pics. Here's one of them:

I'm not entirely sure what was happening here, but I think it began when Isaac misinterpreted something Abby said as "come here so I can give you a hug." So he tried to hug her, she resisted, and he wound up sitting on her. And because Brady can't resist a good dogpile, he appeared out of nowhere and plopped himself atop the heap. There was giggling and screeching and jostling for position. And then I took some pictures, which prompted Abby to exclaim "YOU'RE NOT PUTTING THOSE ONLINE, ARE YOU?!" which in turn prompted me to snicker out loud, since you know, she knows me so she knew darn well that they'd appear online eventually.

You're probably thinking "there's not really a point to this, is there?" And you're probably right, on some level. But on another, you're not, because this picture represents one of those precious fleeting moments that makes me smile, and given the ugliness that dominates our culture right now, those grin-inducing experiences are substantial blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment