Friday, October 7, 2016

October 7

We watched "Frozen" tonight. Of course, we've seen it bunches of times and to be honest, Anna and Elsa both annoy me. But it has catchy music and Olaf is cute. And the ending always hits me soundly in the gut.

Yes, there's Anna's grand gesture of love, which saves the day and restores order to all. But it's the moment in which all seems lost --when she stands there, literally frozen-- that speaks to me the most. There's a sense of desperate urgency in that moment as everyone collectively wonders if life will ever be the same.

Of course, it all worked out for them because it's a Disney movie. I've had that kind of moment in my life, and as you know, it didn't work out the way I wanted it to, the way that I prayed it would for over a year. In a way, I'm still standing there in that moment, watching and waiting for things to turn out okay. Fortunately, because of Jesus, I know that eventually, they will.

I just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment