Friday, October 28, 2016

October 28

Since the short(ish; they just keep getting taller so I won't be able to use the term much longer) people didn't have school today, I took them out for brunch at Black Bear Diner. They were, for the most part, well-behaved while we were there, and even when there was a quiet disturbance at our table by a child who shall remain nameless, another child redeemed the act by comforting the victim-child.

When we got up to leave, the woman at the table to next to ours stopped me, and told me that I have a darling family. I thanked her, but she had no idea how much that remark meant to me. In fact, as I headed toward the exit, my heart almost exploded with pride.

Parenting is hard. Really, it's no joke. It's not always fun, and I'm constantly striving to make sure my children are polite, well-mannered and kind. So when someone I've never met takes a moment to tell me they're cute, it makes me feel like I'm doing okay. And that is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment