Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 5

I had a meeting with Brady's teacher this afternoon. My little muffin was very patient while we went over the year's calendar. At one point, he approached with a sheet of paper to ask if he could color, and of course, she said yes. This is what we made:

He presented it to me as we left the classroom and he said it was for me. He explained that the person was either me or Mrs. Gibson (his teacher), and that the scene was inspired by Mario (as in the Nintendo Mario). I really didn't understand the logic, but I smiled and nodded and told him that it's a lovely picture. And I think it is; I especially like the blue flower, both because it looks like a rose --which is one of my favorite flowers-- and because the lines he drew to create the petals look so sophisticated for a kindergartner's hand.

These sweet pieces are artwork are such big blessings to me. They're gifts from the heart, and those are the best presents of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment