Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17

There's something about the day after a big rainstorm that's just refreshing. The air is much cleaner, the skies are clearer, and, in this particular case, the ground is littered with fallen --and fragrant-- leaves. As I pulled up to the park by the school this morning, I looked out the window and noticed something else, too: the sky was dotted with tiny, fluttering bugs. It's hard to see them, but they're there:

I guess it probably sounds kind of icky, but there was something elegant about the way they flitted about in the air, completely free and completely in harmony. Just a moment of unexpected beauty noticed on an otherwise ordinary day.

And hey, even if you can't see them, you can see the light filtered through the tree branches. That's pretty beautiful, too, and I didn't even notice it when I took the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment