Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12

I was sitting down to rest this evening when I noticed the little set-up Brady arranged on the family room floor this afternoon. He'd put together some kind of parking lot and placed two Hot Wheels cars inside: a slick green sports cars with glow in the dark wheels that I bought for him a month ago, and this one:

Now to a lot of folks, this truck wouldn't mean anything, but it means quite a lot to me for two related reasons. For one, Logan loved flame jobs, so I always think of him when I see one on a vehicle. And two, I have zero memory of when this particular car joined our collection. So in a way, it's like Logan himself put it there for Brady to find and use.

It's such a blessing when a small, everyday object elicits such strong, happy memories of my Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment