Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24

I think I've mentioned it before, but Abby drew something of a short straw when it came to her schedule this year in that she doesn't share a lunch period with any of her good friends. After realizing that a few other "friends" were treating her as a second-best option, she decided to eat alone, and then do homework. So that's what she does each day. I don't love it; the me of 26-years ago cringes at the idea of spending lunchtime solo, but she claims she's fine with her arrangement, so I keep my worries to myself.

That was long-winded, sorry, but it leads into my main point for this entry.

Abby met Gracie a few years ago, partly at church and partly in her tap class. (At some point back then, we had an exchange that involved her saying 'I think Gracie from church is in my dance class' and me responding 'oh, who's Gracie?' Eventually I figured it out.) They're similar in many ways, and they always have fun when they get together.

Especially given that Abby is a bit socially isolated at school, I'm thankful that she has a friend like Gracie.

No comments:

Post a Comment