Sunday, October 2, 2016

October 2

We went to a church picnic after the service this morning. In the interest of full disclosure, I'll tell you that I didn't want to go, and we only went because I'm a deacon and I felt like I should go. I'm not big on crowds and the idea of forced, awkward conversations when I just don't feel like being social is totally puke-worthy. But as it turns out, I'm glad we went.

Abby's been telling me for some time now that she wants to be a preschool teacher. She did a great job as an assistant in the preschool class at VBS over the summer and is eager to be old enough to start baby-sitting. And at the picnic, she did an amazing --really amazing-- job of entertaining the little ones. No one asked her to do it, but she let them chase her and tackle her and dump handfuls of leaves in her hair. And she did it with a smile.

Seeing her show that brand of patient love to little children was such a blessing to me, and even though I know I didn't really have much to do with it, it filled my heart with a sense of pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment