Friday, November 11, 2016

November 11

I took the kiddos out for brunch today (because I'm dense and always forget how crowded restaurants are on Veterans Day). They all brought their bears along and had fun pretend-feeding them from the honey pots and just generally being kids.

But what I really want to talk about happened later on in the day. (I just didn't get a pic for what will become obvious reasons in a moment.) I went by the mall to pick up Abby's birthday pictures. On my way into JC Penney, a teenage boy stopped to hold the door for me. I feel like it doesn't happen all that often these days, so I smiled and said thank you. I walked through, and then saw a girl pushing a woman in a wheelchair coming the other way, so I stopped to hold the door for them. They too looked surprised, smiled, and said thank you, as did the two or three girls who followed behind. As I finally walked through, I glanced back and saw a man holding the door for yet another woman.

The message for today? Kindness. Pass it on. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment