Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14

I had a few nice moments today. There was the time I spent chatting with a friend over coffee this morning. There was the walk home from kindergarten with my little muffin. There were the minutes I spent watching Abby as she went to a few neighbors' houses to ask for donations for her school's canned food drive (which she totally didn't need to do, but insisted upon since "mom, we have so much more than these people we're serving and my classmates aren't doing much of anything"). And there was this:

I don't even remember what she found so amusing, but I can hear the ringing sound of her giggles, and the memory alone makes me smile.

It doesn't happen nearly enough, but it always makes me smile when they laugh. And that does my heart multiple worlds' worth of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment