Thursday, November 24, 2016

November 24

I still have mixed feelings about major holidays. I'm thankful to be able to spend them with these people, of course, but I'm always cognizant that Logan is not here. And that's never going to be easy.

In spite of the wavering emotion, it turned out to be a pretty good Thanksgiving. I got up, watched part of the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day parade (and then the National Dog Show) with the Little Boys, helped Adam make rolls, and pounded some figurative pavement on the treadmill before getting dressed and heading out with the fam for a walk around the neighborhood. Then --with Lambie in tow, of course-- we left at about 3 to head to Adam's Aunt Peg's house for dinner with the extended family. (Or part of it, anyway.) We had a pleasant meal and then spent some time chatting with people we love but don't get to see particularly often.

And then we came home. Right now, Abby is sitting next to me on the couch doing something on her laptop, and Adam is putting the Little Boys to bed. My inability to see Logan today makes my heart ache, but I cannot deny that I am blessed. And that's an important truth for me to stash away in my heart, right next to the ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment