Saturday, November 12, 2016

November 12

There are ways in which my daughter is a more secure person than I've ever been.

For one, she sits by herself at lunchtime at school and then does her homework. My inner 12-year old cringed at the idea, so I asked why she didn't just join a pre-existing group. Her response? I don't want to be someone's second or third choice, mom. That's so not me. I still don't really have the kind of confidence you need to just go it alone.

Another example? The dress she's wearing in this pic. She still loves My Little Pony, but I wasn't sure that she'd want to wear this outfit when I gave it to her. After all, she's in seventh grade, and I could easily substitute the 'junior' in 'junior high' with 'judgmental.'

I admire her so much for being herself regardless of what judgment she may face. It's a blessing to have her as an example for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment