Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9

I probably don't think about the concept of gratitude as often as I should. It's true that I've lost a lot and my heart will always be a little bit broken, but I've still enjoyed more blessings than I can count. Brady reminded me to continue to be grateful for the little things this evening.

He spent the last seven days --not just a mere week, but seven long days-- nagging me to buy him new swimming goggles. His old ones broke last week, and he wanted to be totally sure that I was aware of the situation. (I was. Very.) Anyhow, he was tickled pink and purple and all sorts of bright and giggly colors when I put the news ones on his head for the first time.

A happy response to something so very small: a blessing indeed. The world would be so much more amazing if we all got excited over new goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment